Saturday, May 14, 2011

New Powerade Flavor

Introducing the newest Powerade flavor...
 Bloody Urine!
On Thursday (May 12th 2011), this was the color of my urine. I have had some dark urine in my lifetime, but this is the darkest I have ever seen it. I have to admit it was a little disturbing when what looked like cranberry juice began to flow from my urethra, but I am calm and doing alright. For some reason, every time I have kidney pain that is severe enough that I am pressured enough to seek medical attention, when I am giving a sample it is fairly clear. Apparently, my urine gets a little shy when it is time for it to be tested. Then, the doctors treat me like I am faking it or don't have any idea what I am talking about. This time I wanted to be prepared. When I got the next urge, I grabbed a nearby Powerade bottle to collect a sample. I know it can't be tested (it would probably contain some extra electrolytes if it were), but at least when I am explaining what has been going on I will have an example. Not to worry though, I have an appointment at the community clinic for Monday. Plus, I did some internet research (the internet is always accurate, right?). Interestingly, there is actually a website called bloodinpee.com. It is very informative and mentioned that "most of the time hematuria is not caused by a serious issue." "Believe it or not, one of the most common causes is strenuous exercise." I guess lawn mowing is more strenuous than I thought.  

It is very important to note that I didn't post this to make anyone concerned or feel bad for me. I am doing ok. I know that a post on my urine isn't the best way to begin a blog, but I figured it was somewhere to start.

1 comment: