Sunday, May 15, 2011

Reaction Paper Series

Last semester (Spring 2011) I took History and Literature of Biology taught by Professor John Taylor. I thoroughly enjoyed the class. It was a different format than any other biology course I have taken. We had assigned readings to read before class, then we would discuss whatever topics came up. Those who know me know that I really like discussions (and debates). In addition, we wrote ten reaction papers (based on the readings or what was discussed in class), two book reviews, and did two presentations. The class really gave me a greater understanding and appreciation of science. 


My only complaint about the class was that sometimes we got full credit just for writing a reaction paper. That means that sometimes Professor Taylor didn't always read them. I don't like putting time into writing then not having it read. So, I decided that I will post them here in hopes that someone might take the time to read them and make comments. Whether you agree or not, I would like to hear about it. If you don't want to read them, I understand. I take comfort in the fact that that my Mom will read them and be proud of me no matter what. 


Also, I have chosen to go with a color coded system to help those reading decide right from the start if they would care what I have to say or not about a particular post. This series will fall under science and religion. These two topics go hand in hand for me since they both work to explain the world and define truth. Many argue that they should remain separate, which they should in many instances. However, for me, most often when applied together they provide a harmonious explanation of many truths. I have decided that blue will be the science and religion color. Posts like my first post that have to do with what is going on in Juliann's and my life or don't really fit into another category will be white. Other colors will be introduced as new categories are introduced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment